Here you will find articles and resources on a variety of topics including, but not limited to, Attachment and Trauma, Mental Health and Other Diagnoses, Parenting Children with Special Needs, Talking to Your Child about Adoption, Brain Development, Education/IEP, and Transracial Parenting.
For even more resources, please take a look at the Right Turn’s Resource Library. There are many great articles, links, etc. here, and they are divided by topic, which makes it very easy to navigate. As Parent2Parent Advocates, I think it is especially important we are aware of these resources so we can share them with the families we serve.
Resources for Attachment, Trauma, and Other Adoption Related Issues
• Adoption Transference: The Perfection of Blaming
• Attachment Parenting
• Checklist Ways to Encourage Attachment
• Inducement: The Language of Abandonment
• Attachment Issues in the School Aged Child
• Adoptees and the Seven Core Issues of Adoption
• The “Eyes” Have It, Part I
• The “Eyes” Have It, Part II
Parenting Children with Special Needs
• Adoption Tip Sheet: What Adoptive Parents Should Know
• Advice for Adoptive Parents
• ABCs of Living with a Child with Invisible Special Needs
• ABCs Fun and Parenting at Risk Kids
• Change the Labels
• It’s Really All About Control
• How to Mean Business without Being Mean
• Unconditional Commitment: The Only Love that Matters to Teens
• Ten Ways to Start a Conversation with your Child
• When You Don’t Disrupt an Adoption
Service Area Specific Agency Resources
If you have any questions or would like additional information please contact Lisa Kelly, Parent2Parent Coordinator, via email or by phone at 402.550.2750.