Recommended Reading on Trauma
Below is a list of books we feel are a great source of additional information.
• The Developing Mind – by Daniel Siegel
• Traumatic Experiences and the Brain – by David Ziegler
• Traumatic Stress in Children and Adolescents: How to Foster Resilience through Attachment, Self-Regulation, and Competency – by Blaustein and Kinniburgh
• Wounded Children Healing Homes: How Traumatized Children Impact Adoptive and Foster Families – by Jane Schooler and Betsy Keefer Smalley
• The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog – by Bruce Perry and Maia Szalavitz
If you have any items you would like to see added to this list or questions about any of the books please contact us.