Did You Know? 5 Facts About Right Turn
1. We serve all Nebraska families formed through adoption. Private adoption, international adoption, step-parent adoption, state-ward adoption, and state-ward guardianship are all eligible for our services. But did you know that Right Turn® can also provide services to adopted youth up to age 21?
2. An open permanency support case is not necessary to access Right Turn services. Eligible families can attend our summer picnic, winter holiday party, family challenge days and statewide training with or without in-home permanency support.
3. Do you have a parenting group that might benefit from a specific Right Turn training? Is your agency interested in having Right Turn® present on an adoption-related topic? We make it easy! Just send us an email and we will be in touch to set up the details.
4. Help is available 24 hours! Our access line has trained mental health counselors available to provide support and guidance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The counselors are located out of Nebraska and your information always stays private. Taking the Right Turn is always just a call away. 888.667.2399.
5. Right Turn is a collaboration between Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska and Nebraska Children’s Home Society. That means we can utilize the resources of BOTH agencies available! This allows us to access services and resources across the state that may not otherwise be available. Click here to learn more about the awesome teamwork between these two agencies and their dedication to providing supportive services to Nebraska families formed through adoption.
At Right Turn we are here to help and support families who have adopted a child or entered into a guardianship in Nebraska. The essence of our organization exists in our commitment to children and families. We strive to provide the support and connections necessary for adoptive and guardianship parents. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.