To provide family-driven post-adoption and post-guardianship services.
All post-adoptive and post-guardianship families will have access to high quality, family-centered support throughout the ages and stages of their adoption and guardianship journey.
Our Core Beliefs and Values
• Adoption is forever.
• Families are the expert of their lives.
• Providing service for adoptive and guardianship families in areas of specialty.
• The parent-child relationship is the single most important vehicle in helping children heal.
• Parents are part of the solution and not to be blamed for their child’s behavior.
• Adoption is a life long process and families formed by adoption need support, education, and training along the way.
• We believe that the entire adoption kinship network is critical for a child’s wellbeing.
• Families have a right to know all available information about their child’s past.
• The need for a child to receive treatment outside the family home may be essential and is not a failure in the adoption or guardianship.
• We will do everything in our ability to give families what they need to stay together.
• We will listen and provide honest, competent, family-centered, strengths-based services that meet adoption and guardianship families where they are at.
• We will honor family culture and history.
• We will collaborate with families and take a team approach toward the mutual goal of helping a child heal.
• We will advocate for adoption awareness across Nebraska.
• As an adoption program, we have a responsibility to ensure adoption-competent mental health providers and other professionals working with adoptive families are available in our communities.
• We will strengthen Nebraska’s adoption community by connecting adoptive families to one another.
• We seek to minimize the inherent loss in adoption.
• We will support adoption and guardianship families in establishing healthy relationships with their children.
• We will assist adoptive parents in gaining the necessary education and training related to adoption and other common topics.
• We will support and encourage a family’s decision to have openness with birth families.
• We will support families in honoring their child’s past and support parents in talking with their children about adoption.